From: Devan Franchini <oot153@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [Report 12] layman improvements
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 21:50:57
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 This week I accomplished the following:
4
5 1.) Improved source mirror auto-completion:
6 - The overlay-maker utility now relies on
7 an auto-completion template to fill in all
8 necessary information for supported overlay
9 source mirrors. The benefit of this is that you
10 won't need to modify any code to add more
11 auto-completion support.
12 2.) Overlay-maker CLI:
13 - The layman-overlay-maker utility has been given
14 a CLI to interact with users to enable options such
15 as:
16 * List all mirrors that support auto-completion.
17 * Only require bare-basic components for overlay
18 definition creation.
19 * Select a mirror for auto-completion (can be all
20 mirrors).
21 * Override the checks to save the overlay.xml in the
22 configured "overlay_defs" location, bypass the
23 checks to see if any overlay is given the name of an
24 overlay that already exists.
25 3,) Merges to master:
26 - The following has been merged into layman's
27 master branch on my github repo:
28 * layman-overlay-maker utility and components.
29 * layman's portage-sync plug-in.
30 * Updated updater.py to check for the existence
31 of enabled configuration types.
32 * Complete migration from docstring test to full
33 test suite.
34 So, expect to see them in the next layman release
35 or the 9999 ebuild soon.
36 4.) Added layman-mounter tool:
37 - To reflect the change of mounting squashfs overlays as
38 read-only instead of extracting the archive, this
39 utility has been created.
40 - It can:
41 * list all mountable overlays.
42 * list the status of all mountable overlays (mounted/unmounted).
43 * mount overlay(s).
44 * unmount overlay(s).
45 - This will allow users to enable mounting specific overlays on boot.
46
47 As this upcoming week is the soft "pencils-down" week I still have
48 time to do more work, which I will.
49
50 Goals for next week:
51 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
52 * Work on getting the last three pull-requests merged with layman's
53 master branch.
54 * Add modular configuration plug-ins.
55 * Refine any code necessary in order to get a new release ready before
56 the end of the
57 program.
58
59 As always, to anyone interested the source code and my commits can be
60 found on git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/[1] or on github.com[2] on
61 layman's gsoc2014 branch.
62
63 [1]http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/layman.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/gsoc2014
64 [2]https://github.com/twitch153/layman/tree/gsoc2014