From: "Federico \\\"fox\\\" Scrinzi" <fox91@×××××.no>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] euscan - weekly report #3
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 15:15:06
1 Hi guys!
2 Here's the weekly update for the euscan project.
3 I remind you that the project repo is at
4 https://github.com/volpino/euscan (check that for more info on the project)
5
6 What I did this week:
7 - Tweaked the layman sync task to use the python API (thanks to dol-sen
8 suggestions)
9 - Implemented a refresh button that lets user request a new scan of a
10 specific package (every request is stored in a priority queue, a
11 periodic task that runs every minute satisfies one request)
12 - Adjusted the tasks I wrote to fit out needs (e.g.: scan a given list
13 of packages)
14 - Fixed the existing tasks that process all the package to split the
15 number of subtasks to run in chunks (e.g.: when a full scan is
16 requested, only 32 tasks for a single package scan are launched, instead
17 of creating immediately thousands of tasks)
18 - added basic login / register functionalities
19 - Tried a full scan using the new celery tasks, seems to work fine for
20 now, even though there is a lot of stuff to improve
23 I'm finishing my exams soon so I'll be more active in the next days :)
24 Thank you guys for this opportunity, hope that everybody is having fun
25 and is learning a lot ;)
29 f.
30
31 "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
32 violent psychopath who knows where you live."
33 (Martin Golding)
34
35 () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
36 /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments
37
38 http://about.me/fox91