From: darkdefende@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Ebuild Generator week 7
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 14:09:38
1 Donnie Berkholz writes:
2
3 > I wouldn't do it that way; I would complete ignore the Makefiles on an
4 > autotools project, since as you've said they are fraught with
5 > complexity. Generated Makefiles are far more complex than handwritten
6 > ones, although the nice thing is that if one works, they all do.
7 >
8 My bad, I meant the Makefile.am files ofcourse.
9
10 > I would check AC_ARG_WITH and AC_ARG_ENABLE, which tells you what
11 > features are truly optional and also give a good idea of what the USE
12 > flags should be. I'd use those to determine what variables and defines
13 > get set in an optional way, and then track them through (1) Makefile.am
14 > files to see how it changes what's built and how and (2) the source
15 > files themselves to see how it changes #ifdefs and thus what's included.
16 >
17 Sounds good, I'll do it that way then! :)