From: Detlev Casanova <detlev.casanova@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC : Week 12 -- "Last but not least"
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:30:00
1 Hey,
2
3 Fix freeze while emerging.
4 Fix Queue progress bars.
5 Activate Add in queue and uninstall buttons multiple packages are selected
6 Fix Queue items double click.
7 Fix a new freeze while emerging
8 Check what makes kuroo crash while merging
9 Check what makes kuroo freeze
10 Test kuroo without modifying the cursor while it is busy
11 Add asserts to check if GUI Code is executed only by the GUI Thread.
12 Add a signal/slot to change the cursor to busy state.
13 Fix window resize problem
14 Fix progress bars redrawing
15 Don't show progressbars until installation has been checked.
16 Fix QueueListModel internal corruption.
17 Fix the possibility to remove packages after emerge.
18 Fix cleanupQueue signal
19 Fix queue packages removal.
20 Fix Configuration files merging.
21 Clear program before launching another one
22
23 is what I've done.
24
25 The biggest part was the GUI thread problem that was causing random crashes
26 and freezes.
27 There was also the ThreadWeaver jobs that were not deleted, so they did not
28 give the database connection back (see it as a consumer that does not give the
29 semaphore back)
30 A note to myself : there are still some jobs that are not deleted, it leaks
31 memory but doesn't use any DB connection.
32
33 Unfortunately, Google Summer of Code is finished.
34 Fortunately, I'll keep working on Kuroo (yes), there are still lots of bugs,
35 even though I can't reproduce a lot of them. For instance, the queue grows
36 when you want to check the installation, kuroo crashes after a lot of updates,
37 ...
38
39 I'll also finish the public portage API in C, the Layman one needs testing and
40 the portage one is not finished yet, There is still work to do on the python
41 version.
42
43 It was a great GSoC ! But now, I have some new exams I have to pass :(
44
45 Detlev.