From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, Robert Piasek <dagger@g.o>, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo NetworkManager Plug-in Weekly Report #8
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 07:47:28
1 Hi,
2
3 Recently I'm working with the new format /etc/conf.d/network. After
4 several commits, it now works in most cases. I haven't fully test it yet
5 but IPv4 network could work properly. However, since the new format
6 doesn't support DNS or route setting, the plug-in is not as valuable as
7 the one for the old config in my opinion. So far, I haven't found a way
8 to support DNS or route setting.
9
10 I've contact Dan Williams to push our plug-in to the upstream
11 NetworkManager. He haven't given me a reply but I'm sure he will give
12 several important comments.
13
14 Robert has helped me add the plug-in to portage. Now users could use it
15 by installing NetworkManager 0.8.1 and enabling the plug-in.
16
17 I think I'll focus on Dan's reply and make necessary modification in the
18 next few weeks.
21 Cheers,
22 Mu Qiao
23 GnuPG fingerprint: 92B1 B0C4 8D14 F8C4 EFA5 3ACC 30B3 0DE4 17B1 57E9