From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Configuration managment system
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:32:02
1 On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 > Sorry, this looks like I say git is getting outfashioned.  I meant to
3 > say that git seems to be today's fashion, like SVN was a while ago, and
4 > totally isn't any more today.
5
6 same thing that kinda happens to any software that becomes out of
7 fashion, when dispatch-conf was released people thought it was all the
8 rage around here. when something better replaces it then maybe we'll
9 have to write something better to replace this. software isn't meant
10 to have an eternal life-cycle. iptables appears like it will be
11 replaced with nftables. I'd like to welcome you to the IT industry,
12 things change around here ;). (yes I know. I'm an ass)
15 Caleb Cushing
16
17 http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com