From: wiktor w brodlo <wiktor@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] The Gee PEAR is ripe... but not ready for picking yet.
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 20:03:33
1 First of all, big public thanks to Auke <tulcod> for the 10 hours of
2 his life and a couple of brain cells he spent helping me make g-pear
3 work with g-common.
4
5 G-pear can already do all the required tasks (syncing, generating
6 metadata, downloading (phew...) and installing packages). Dependency
7 resolution is still not fully working but it's very much on the way,
8 should be on git in a couple of days. There's also a crude, broken,
9 punk of an ebuild available but it's not yet ready for any release,
10 especially that there's not been any g-pear releases yet.
11
12 Now, up until the hard pencils-down date, I'd like to rewrite the
13 ebuild and make a proper release, polish off the dependency checking
14 and write some docs. I've also thought about writing a short document
15 "Writing Drivers for g-common". If I don't manage to do this before
16 the closing date, I'll just release it afterwards, but I believe it
17 may be a useful piece for other people writing drivers in the future
18 (which will hopefully happen).
19
20 The code is available through git from github at
21 http://github.com/wiktr/g-pear, and I will make an official release
22 before the hard pencils-down date. You can reach me in #gentoo-soc as
23 <wiktor_b>, where I'm idling most of the time, or you can just reply
24 to this email.
25
26 Have fun all,
27 ~ wiktor.