From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jpiatlicki@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Framework for automated ebuild generators: weekly report #6
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:47:35
1 Hi all,
2
3 summary
4 ~~~~~~~
5
6 I'm working on `Framework for automated ebuild generators [1]. My mentor
7 is Rafael Martins. The aim of this project is to facilitate creation of
8 ebuild-generators for 3d party software providers. For those interested
9 in the advance of a project there is a Kanban board [2] and a
10 git-repository with code [3].
11
12 week #6
13 ~~~~~~~
14
15 Status: on schedule as for GSoC proposal [4], but behind schedule as for
16 plans I've had for the previous week .
17
18 I've worked on implementing PyPI backend and paludis integration. I've
19 had problems with PyPI as there is no fast and reliable mechanism for
20 fetch the data from their database.
21
22 Also I've found that really there is a very good support for CTAN
23 texlive packages in the tree (near all the packages are available in
24 ebuilds that install a number of packages at once), so I'm planning to
25 add an additional backend for another 3rd party provider, to still have
26 3 really useful backends at the end of the project.
27
28 Plans:
29 - documentation
30 - end with PyPI backend