From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo Council App
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:09:48
1 On 03/30/2010 03:55 PM, Clemens Mayer wrote:
2 > I've just another question concerning this project:
3 >
4 > The current application is using the Hobo-Framework. Does a potential
5 > dev have to continue using this, or could he rewrite the app using
6 > "standard" rails?
9 Here are the options:
10
11 1) Continue on top of hobo
12 2) Convince me that you will be maintaining it two years from now
13 3) Convince me why I want to maintain standard rails instead of hobo
14
15 A successful project will be improved for the years to come so long term
16 maintenance is important. I have done many projects using Hobo so I know
17 there's a learning curve but it's quite nice when you start to master it.
18
19 Regards,
20 Petteri