From: Mo Zhou <lumin@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC] Weekly Report: July 1 - July 7 | BLAS/LAPACK Runtime Switch
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 02:23:44
1 Hi list,
2
3 This week I
4
5 1. finalized the sci-libs/openblas ebuild file
6 and got it merged into ::gentoo.
7
8 2. bumped version for sci-libs/blis
9
10 3. tried to build all reverse dependencies of
11 sci-libs/{blas,cblas,lapack}-reference and
12 virtual/{blas,cblas,lapack} to scan for
13 possible regression. Result is available
14 here [1].
15
16 For some important software I also ran
17 unittests, for example numpy and octave.
18
19 4. fixed dependency information for two packages
20 during the build test.
21
22 5. Wrote a preliminary documentation about the
23 usage and the project [2]
24
25 Next I'm going to integrate intel's math kernel
26 library into this mechanism. By the mid-July
27 we would be able to present the document to
28 more audience and have the mechanism more widely
29 tested.
30
31 Maybe I'm a little bit ahead of schedule at this
32 point as all targets have almost been completed.
33 The fact that I'm maintaining a similar mechanism
34 for Debian isn't the main reason for this -- It's
35 the (unexpected) mechanism redesign that had
36 reduced the amount of work. This should be fine
37 as the new design is much better and smoother
38 compared to the original one.
39
40 I talked with Benda about the problem. We think
41 Gentoo prefox / portage + Debian integration
42 may be the next problem to look into.
43
44 [1] https://github.com/cdluminate/my-overlay/blob/master/checklist.txt
45 [2] https://github.com/cdluminate/my-overlay/blob/master/usage.md