From: Eitan Mosenkis <eitan@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC status] Web-based image builder
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:52:54
1 I appreciate your concern. Actually, I had originally intended to do
2 a lot of planning and designing in the first few weeks, but in the end
3 my impatience got the better of me and I started coding. I have some
4 fairly clear ideas in mind of how I expect it to be possible to have
5 options for different distros and I'm slowly working towards making
6 the code agree with those ideas - trying to write as much reusable
7 low-level code as possible, keep things that are Gentoo-dependent
8 high-level and compartmentalized from the more generic code, etc. I'm
9 quite optimistic, and depending how far off that optimism is, I might
10 even change my mind by the end of the summer and try adding support
11 for some other package manager/distro.
12