From: heroxbd <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: redlizard@×××××××××.nl, abcd@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo on Android, Summary for 2013.6.28-7.1
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 14:48:56
1 Dear Guys and Gals,
2
3 Gentoo on Android is about running Gentoo natively in a directory prefix
4 on Android devices[1] in parallel with native Android, mentored by Luca.
5
6 Progress report for the past 3 days,
7
8 1. gcc specs hack is not that interesting as it first looks.
9 - parsing or generating specs script is no fun.
10 The best parser/generator is gcc itself
11 - appending simple specs (suches -dynamic-linker=/xx/xx.so) feel
12 not clever, appending --with-spec to configure either.
13
14 Therefore, I decide not to use specs hack as the main building
15 block. At the same time, it can be handy to do manual tuning
16 with it.
17
18 Relying on binutils wrapper is no good either. The solution
19 finally falls on a mixed one between sysroot and native paths
20 methods (ref. table in [2]). Where I make use of eprefixify of
21 prefix.eclass to modify location of dynamic linker for *run
22 time* and sysroot for *compile time*.
23
24 2. Prefix/libc armhf works rock solid. It is now being "emerge -e
25 @world" with the help of many distcc cross compilers. I have to
26 leave my cell phone home for a constant power supply and
27 ethernet connection (yes! USB ethernet adapter) though.
28
29 3. A problem on RHEL 5.6 made me question how far could I go with
30 ancient GNU/Linux environments.
31
32 gcc bootstrap fails horribly in stage2
33
34 ,----
35 | /dev/shm/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.7.2-r1/work/build/gcc $ ./cc1
36 | cc1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
37 | Please submit a full bug report,
38 | with preprocessed source if appropriate.
39 | See <http://bugs.gentoo.org/> for instructions.
40 `----
41
42 The bug is related to VDSO. A full description of the problem is
43 on stackoverflow[3]. I'd be very appreciated for any hints.
44
45 So much for today. Cheers!
46 Benda
47