From: "Andreas Nüßlein" <nutz@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC] WaCfg weekly report
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 17:10:04
1 Hi all!
2
3 As you all know the deadline is approaching, and wacfg has reached a
4 good status.
5
6 One design-issue is still not resolved and I would like your opinion:
7 Wacfg-Configfiles are python-files - the syntax is pretty similar to distutils.
8 Should I use a new file extension for these files (like .wacfg) or
9 should I keep .py?
10 Ebuilds are essentially Shell-files, but this way it's easy for e.g.
11 vim to automatically create nice highlighting etc.
12
13 I like the idea of a new file extension, however I feel that maybe
14 just because of
15 (at most) a few hundred files, creating a new extension might be overkill.
16 What do you think? Please vote here: http://micropoll.com/t/KEbJrZBLj1
19 Lately I implemented:
20 - listing of currently installed webapps (in /var/www)
21 - global upgrade all of these instances with one command, while
22 keeping manual changes intact: "wacfg upgradeall"
23 - removing ("wacfg remove") of an installed instance was still kinda
24 buggy and it should work well now.
25 - the wacfg ebuild is working (I forgot to install the bin at first)
28 Roadmap:
29 v1.0 (gsoc deadline):
30 - obviously a bunch of documentation
31 - ebuilds for many of the webapps (all in one layman-overlay)
32 - implement the old "--show-postinst, --spi" ("Show the
33 post-installation instructions for <application>.")
34 - ...i believe i'm forgetting something but i currently can't remember
35
36 v2.0 (post-gsoc):
37 - the way wacfg currently assembles the list of installed webapps is
38 via "find" in /var/www.
39 a global database would be nice and I will look into that.
40 - once enough ebuilds have been ported, I will try to get wacfg into
41 mainline portage to replace webapp-config.
45 have a great week everybody
46
47 andy