From: Devan Franchini <oot153@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [Report 11] layman improvements
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 23:53:39
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 This week the following has been done for layman:
4
5 1.) Modular VCS plug-ins:
6 - A module plug-in system has been added
7 to allow maintaining/adding/removing overlay
8 type support very easy.
9 - All VCS types have been made modular and
10 can easily be added or removed from layman's
11 code with ease.
12 - All VCS types can now be split out of layman's
13 codebase and turned into their own separate
14 packages to prevent having unused code on a user's
15 system if they don't build layman with the VCS support.
16 Discussion on how to implement this will occur throughout
17 this week.
18
19 Goals for next week:
20 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
21 * Work on anything I need to in order to get the overlay-maker and the
22 sync-plugin into the
23 master branch of layman.
24 * Discuss splitting the layman overlay-type plug-ins.
25 * Refine layman's codebase.
26
27 As always, to anyone interested the source code and my commits can be
28 found on git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/[1] or on github.com[2] on
29 layman's gsoc2014 branch.
30
31 [1]http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/layman.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/gsoc2014
32 [2]https://github.com/twitch153/layman/tree/gsoc2014