From: Yiyong Chen <yiyong.chen.2012@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Micro Gentoo: weekly report #4
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 03:22:47
1 Hi guys,
2
3 My progress of first week is as bellow.
4
5 Source code: *https://github.com/yiyong-chen/micro-gentoo
6 <https://github.com/yiyong-chen/micro-gentoo>*
9 Week #3
10 =========
11
12 The progresses of this week:
13
14 This week, I will make a micro-gentoo kvm image which could boot from cvmfs
15 repo.
16
17 1. prepare the modules of image's initrd.
18 2. minimize the kernel and modules using "make menuconfig". I refer to the
19 cernvm modules to minimize the gentoo kernel. But when doing the kvm
20 initial test, I will continue to try to minimize the gentoo kernel further.
21 3. set cvmfs settings with micro-gentoo repo config.
22 4. trying to pack up initrd、kernel and isolinux to a hdd image. Therefore,
23 I could do the initial test of kvm micro-gentoo.
24
25 Goals for the next week:
26 1. complete to pack up a hdd image for kvm
27 2. doing initial test of kvm image
28 3. continue to minimize the gentoo kernel
29
30 Best Wishes!