From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo on Android, Summary for 2013.6.28-7.1
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 12:31:47
1 On 07/22/2013 02:24 PM, heroxbd wrote:
2 > Got what you meant. I am just afraid if upstream would reject a mean to
3 > fully override the dynamic linker for the sake of a /absolutely stable
4 > soname/.
5
6 Upstream can be difficult, supporting multiple c runtime is _quite_
7 problematic and requires pointless patching in too many part of the
8 codebase nowadays =/
9
10 > An alternative: Given the similar situation in binutils, I am thinking
11 > of another switch (like --{enable,with}-native-sysroot) to turn
12 > --with-sysroot into a native (non-cross) version for our purpose. (GLEP
13 > draft follows) What do you say?
14
15 Worth a try, sadly you need to coordinate with upstream.
16
17 Since we are nearing the midterm would be great having an interim
18 release so people could try the current setup and get and idea easily.
19
20 Probably that would help winning more support in discussing with upstream.
21
22 lu