From: Lokesh Mohanty <lokesh1197@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSOC: Regarding kernel live check
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 17:49:38
1 I am a 2nd year undergraduate student of the department of mining
2 engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India.
3
4 I am interested in the project kernel live check. I am a bit confused.
5
6 I would like to know if my understanding of the project is right.
7
8 According to me I have to make a tool(kernel_check) that builds and tests
9 the patch developed by a developer using gentoo kernel ci and it can be
10 used by any user to build and test it on his system and to apply that
11 patch(live) to his kernel using kpatch. And adding the features required by
12 gentoo kernel ci to fulfill the above mentioned tasks.
13
14 Abilities of kernel_check
15 -build
16 -test
17 -deploy(or push)
18 -pull
19 -update(applying the patch)
20 -show information about the patch
21
22 And confirmed security patches will automatically live patched to the
23 kernel.
24
25 Regards
26 Lokesh Mohanty