From: "Sébastien Fabbro" <bicatali@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Universal select tool: I'm a bit curious
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:08:37
1 On Sunday March 22 Fredrik Klasson wrote:
2
3 > I can't quite make any sense of what this line in the idea
4 > description means: "There's eclectic in Exherbo so probably should
5 > just switch to that. In that case not enough work here for GSoC.".
6 > - Maybe it's just my english that's failing or there's words missing
7 > there.
8
9 If I understand the exherbo folks continued eselect development (which
10 is stalled in Gentoo) as eclectic [1]. It seems it could cover some
11 features mentioned in the SoC wiki, but not yet all the features in the
12 modules. See also msys/softenv [2] for another set of tools doing that
13 kind of thing.
14 I don't know who posted the idea, but making consistent and modular
15 switching tools for Gentoo would be quite nice. I would recommend
16 check eclectic first.
17
18 [1] http://git.exherbo.org/?p=eclectic.git
19 [2] http://www.mcs.anl.gov/hs/software/systems/msys/