From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: patrick@g.o
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] gentoo soc openbsd port
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 04:41:07
1 Dear Patrick,
2
3 I am interested in your proposed Gentoo/OpenBSD project in gentoo soc
4 page[1], and am planning to apply to work as a gsoc2011 student.
5
6 My main OS is Debian, while recently[3] I made exclusively use of Gentoo
7 Prefix[2] (being a part of Gentoo-Alt, as Gentoo/OpenBSD) and developped
8 some basic taste of Gentoo, on x86-linux, amd64-linux and ppc-aix.
9
10 My program skill includes Python, C/C++, bash and a little bit of perl,
11 lisp. I developped some ebuild skills when patching for Gentoo Prefix.
12 My GNU/Linux experience is since 2003 with a tiny touch on BSD systems
13 like FreeBSD, Mac OS X. The main attraction of OpenBSD to me is its
14 supereme portability.
15
16 I think I am suitable for this project under your mentor. And I hope
17 after such I can become a Gentoo-Alt developper candidate.
18
19 What is the next step to make a application to google?
20
21 Yours,
22 Benda
23