From: Liam McLoughlin <hexxeh@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoaster - Week 8 progress report
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:17:17
1 Hey guys,
2
3 Didn’t get as much done as I’d hoped to this week. Got massively stuck
4 trying to find the best way to do keyboard layout selection, turns out
5 that’s rather more complicated than I thought (and requires changes to
6 the VM build tool). So that’s slipping into this weeks tasks as a
7 continuation. I did do lots of tidying up of the code in the webUI
8 branch, that should be ready to merge into master within a week or
9 maybe two. As for what I actually got done this week?
10
11 - Timezones are now loaded from the zonetab
12 - There’s now a CAPTCHA step to the wizard
13 - Disk image size caps are now implemented
14 - User-configurable options are now in separate configuration files
15 (that use defines!)
16
17 CAPTCHA is implemented using reCAPTCHA, but it could use lots of
18 improvement. CAPTCHA failures just end the wizard and force you to
19 start from scratch right now. Some kind of submission loop until they
20 get it right would be better there. That means on this weeks tasks
21 list, we have:
22
23 - Continue work on keyboard layout support
24 - Add expert mode options (FEATURES, USE flags, package USE)
25 - Build request rate limiting
26 - Look into fixing the shipping kernel configuration (missing
27 framebuffer device right now under QEMU)
28 - More PHP scrubbing/improvement (filter_flags for a start)
29
30 Probably won’t get all this done within the week, but that’s the list
31 I’ve got in my head at the moment as to what needs doing.
32
33 Cheers,
34 Liam