From: Nandeep Mali <n9986.mali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Progress Report - Setting Beacon Afloat
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:56:02
1 Most of my work was done over the last week. Here's what I have accomplished
2 so far with regards to the mid-term evaluation:
3 1. I began with a UI spruce up of the editor and removing Mochikit along the
4 way. Since Dojo has developed quite a bit over the last couple of years I
5 had to change the implementations wherever Dojo was involved. I also added a
6 bit of AJAX along the way. Mochikit has been completely removed now.
7
8 2. I moved on to implementing a Code View (using an existing web based
9 editor) which is now editable along with a Rich Text Editor (TinyMCE) for
10 the Design View. The Design View shows the Doc with CSS styles and am
11 currently in the process of writing GuideXML plugins for TinyMCE. If this
12 goes well then it might remove the need for a drag and drop interface.
13
14 3. I achieved an AJAXy sync between the Code View and the Design View but
15 was having problems with continuous parsing of the documents (xml to html
16 and vice versa). Will look into this again soon.
17
18 That's it for now. It's not much but am picking up the pace.
19
20 Kind Regards
21 Nandeep