From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] [SOC Ebuild generator project] Introduction and C&C
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:43:13
1 On 03/26/2011 10:06 PM, darkdefende@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz writes:
3 >
4 >> The complexity of that approach is why I suggest a simpler one that
5 >> relies on defining the format of various files, since we already know
6 >> what autotools syntax looks like, what ebuild syntax looks like, what
7 >> C source code looks like, etc. ML approaches are more useful when you
8 >> don't know the connection between inputs and outputs, but we do. On
9 >> the ebuild side of this syntax-based approach, there would be some
10 >> potential integration to another of our ongoing GSoC projects, libbash.
11 >>
12 > Agreed, I would be to great of a task for me to write it like that.
13 > Thanks for explaining how it would work though! Perhaps I will try
14 > something like that later. :)
15 >
16 > About the libbash project and/or other projects:
17 > How should we collaborate during GSoC? Will there be a strong
18 > "my code, their code" line or can we help each other if we are going to
19 > use code from one of the other GSoC projects?
22 Open source projects should be encouraging people to contribute so I
23 don't think fences make sense :) The only objectionable thing would be
24 implementing half the project for the other student but I doubt anyone
25 is planning to do that.
26
27 Regards,
28 Petteri