From: "Antanas Uršulis" <antanas.ursulis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Log collection and analysis: report for 6.25-7.04
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 00:48:40
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I'm working on the "Log collection and analysis for the tinderbox"
4 project. It aims to create a replacement for the current solution,
5 which, in short, collects build logs (and other info) from the
6 tinderbox, finds out which of these logs come from builds that failed,
7 and displays them, along with lines indicating errors/warnings/etc. to
8 the tinderbox runner, so that the issue can be investigated, bugs
9 filed, and so on.
10
11 There is a wiki page [1] which currently contains a copy of the
12 original proposal and code will be placed in [2].
13
14 ---------
15
16 It was decided to base the application around the Flask [3] Python
17 framework, which will nicely abstract away HTTP and provide URL
18 routing, templated HTML generation, and more niceties.
19
20 The log submission protocol will be protobuf[4]-over-HTTP.
21
22 Right now, the app accepts multiple files submitted, and groups them
23 by source hostname in the filesystem. There is a submission client
24 that wraps files given as arguments with protobuf and performs the
25 HTTP POST.
26
27 The project is slightly behind schedule right now - I've had
28 graduation and packing and moving all of my belongings from the UK
29 back to Lithuania. Here's what will come next:
30 * this is about time to add some configuration file support
31 * stub log analysers
32 * SQL database with metadata of the submissions
33
34 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Tinderbox_log_collection_and_analysis
35 [2] https://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/log-analysis.git;a=summary
36 [3] http://flask.pocoo.org/