From: Detlev Casanova <detlev.casanova@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: brian.dolbec@×××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Rework Porthole to use the new public portage API -- Weekly report #1
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 20:17:49
1 Hello everyone !
2 So, I've started coding on my GSoC project. If you don't remember what it was,
3 see this blog entry[0].
4
5 This week :
6
7 * I reviewed how would the backend work : TerminalOperations won't be a
8 backend like APIOperations or the future pkgcore backend. It is a class that
9 will be used, depending in the user preferences, to make operations through
10 the old Terminal api.
11 * I made the backend load it's configuration from a file.
12 * I also made it use the portage public API functions and classes instead of
13 Porthole's
14 * I made the new main window use only operations from the backend (currently
15 portage_2_2)
16 * I've started changing the Advance emerge dialog to dynamically load options
17 from the backend config file
18
19 Next week, I will
20
21 * Fix issues with the dynamic options chooser widget.
22 * Make it use the proper options and show correct tooltips for each options
23 from the config file
24 * Do lots of testing the port to the new backend and check if everything has
25 been properly ported (I know it's not the case yet)
28 Note that since the beginning of May, school is taking me an awful lot of time
29 (first projects, now exams)
30 But the exams session being fairly light, I take some time now for coding.