From: Mo Zhou <lumin@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC] Weekly Report : June 3-June 16 -- BLAS/LAPACK Runtime Switch
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 08:41:28
1 Hi list,
2
3 During the two weeks I finished the re-design of the
4 proposed BLAS/LAPACK runtime switching mechanism, and
5 actually implemented it. The initial design and
6 implementation was completely deprecated.
7
8 The details about the new ld.so.conf+eselect based
9 solution could be found from related discussions on
10 gentoo-dev. The code could be found here[1].
11
12 Specifically, the skeleton of the implementation
13 involves two customized eselect modules[2] and
14 the updated reference implementation[3]. They are
15 basically ready to merge but I still need to check
16 the help messages and manpages to assure correctness.
17
18 If no one is object to this solution, I'm going
19 to submit the first batch of PR on June 24~26.
20
21 According to the original schedule, the following
22 tasks should have been done before June 17:
23
24 1. update ebuild for reference blas/lapack and
25 integrate the framework.
26 2. package BLIS and add it as a candidate
27
28 "1" was completed at the time of writing except
29 for a documentation check. "2" was finished and
30 it's actually working well. We are not lagging
31 behind the schedule despite the unexpected
32 redesign.
33
34 Best,
35 Mo.