From: Andrey Falko <afalko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] EBuild
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 07:04:15
1 On 3/29/09, imposeren <y@×××××××××××.ua> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > I'd like to participate in GSOC. I'm interested in EBuild generator as
6 > described here:
7 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2009_ideas#EBuild_generator
8 >
9 > Currently it has no Contact info
10
11 No contacts needed. Just come up with your proposal on how you think
12 you can put the idea into reality over the summer, run it by the
13 mailing list if you don't feel confident enough, and you should be set
14 :).
15
16 If I were to make any recommendations, focus on the following in your proposal:
17 1) What is a good user interface that Gentoo developers would find
18 useful? Some examples:
19 a) Allow developers to check if they spelled their dependencies correctly
20 b) Drop downs with version numbers of dependencies
21 c) Quick edit modes
22 d) Interactive test extract, compile, install feature, etc.
23 2) How you plan to organize the actual implementation of this interface.
24
25 Be creative!