From: Priit Laes <plaes@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Cc: leio <leio@g.o>, ferringb <ferringb@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Project Grumpy - report #7
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:29:27
1 This is a progress report #7 for Project Grumpy.
2
3 Progress so far
4 ===============
5
6 As GSoC is nearing to its end and yesterday was marked as firm 'pencils-down'
7 date I have been slowly trying to start wrapping things up.
8 During last week I added the Favorite packages feature and sketched up two
9 version bump check plugins for some packages in GNOME and PyPi upstream.
10 Although I'm currently not that satisfied with the design of these plugins,
11 more refinement can be done later and I also expect that plugins for other
12 repos follow, at least for projects like KDE and CPAN that offer unified
13 tarball locations.
14
15 So far I have implemented:
16 * Portage -> database synchronizer
17 * Web interface
18 * Portage browser
19 * Developer accounts via OpenID authentication
20 * Various "issue-generator" plugins
21 * Upstream version checker (GNOME, PyPI)
22 * Herd and maintainer checks
23
24 Future plans
25 ============
26
27 For the last week I have planned some maintenance duties like fix up the
28 documentation as things have changed a lot and initial docs that were written
29 didn't always see the updates they should have.
30
31 There's also lots of work to be done on web UI to make it a bit more solid in
32 terms of navigation and usability.
33
34 Unfortunately I do not have time left to finish the tinderbox plugin
35 implementation, but this will be done eventually post-GSoC.
36
37 Project info
38 ============
39
40 Git repository of Grumpy repo is available from [1].
41
42 [1] http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/grumpy.git;a=summary
43
44 Project's semi-official IRC channel is #gentoo-grumpy on Freenode network [2],
45 if you run into troubles when testing out this project, then just ping me with
46 a message.
47
48 [2] irc://irc.freenode.net/#gentoo-grumpy
49
50 There's also basic web frontend available, join the channel to get the link ;)