From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Sort of "ondemand" mirror for distfiles
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:29:09
1 On 03/28/2010 02:19 PM, Łukasz Zubkowicz wrote:
2
3 > I feel like there was lack of solution for people like me and I bet
4 > there are more such users who have about 5 to 15 machines under their
5 > control. My idea is to develop kind of mirror which would act just like
6 > the real "big" mirror, but not keep all of packages. Instead of that it
7 > would download a package when it's needed for the first time and make
8 > somehow wait machine which is asking for it (and others which will ask
9 > for it in time before it's fully downloaded). Of course it's only a
10 > draft, but I just wanted you to feel my idea.
11
12 Sounds like you want to setup a HTTP proxy server with long time caching.
13
14 Regards,
15 Petteri