From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: Jing Huang <jing.huang.pku@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] cross_container_support - progress report #7
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:06:25
1 On 07/10/2012 03:31 PM, Jing Huang wrote:
2 > First, I try to fix the ping issues in qemu-user of arm-gentoo
3 > container. The patch is attached.
4
5 Try to propose it to the qemu ml.
6
7 > * The do_setsockopts function in qemu-user does not support SOL_RAW
8 > socket which is used in ping program.
9 >
10 > * The recvmsg in main_loop of ping_common.c could not fetch
11 > sockaddr_in struct. That is because do_sendrecvmsg in qemu-user does
12 > not pass the msg->msg_name to the target.
13 > So the ping will show "64 bytes from 0.0.0.0: icmp_req=1 ttl=64 time=1.16 ms".
14
15 Good investigation =)
16
17 > Second, I am investigating how to execute local gcc toolchain in
18 > arm-gentoo container.
19 >
20 > At begging, I want to use ldd to parse each cross-gcc toolchain
21 > executable in arm container. Then copy the related libraries to
22 > gentoo-arm rootfs and config the ld.so.conf to make cross-gcc running
23 > locally.
24
25 You could also investigate mount --bind over files, that's how I'm doing
26 it currently and works up to a point =)
27
28 > Now, I think I could modify the crossdev script and build cross-gcc
29 > with LDFLAGS="-static". So the cross-gcc can be executed locally in
30 > arm-gentoo container.
31
32 Seems an interesting approach as well. Less fun manging with runtime
33 paths and runtime linkers.
34
35 lu
39 Luca Barbato