From: Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] PMS Test Suite, weekly report #10 (midterm sumup)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 04:21:20
1 On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 22:43 -0500, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 13:11 Sun 17 Jul , Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > The other side effect is the 'gentoopm' project [2,3], providing
4 > > an unified API to access all three PMs mentioned earlier. Right now, my
5 > > main focus is implementing new interfaces there, and moving the code
6 > > out of PMSTS to it.
7 > >
8 > > Right now, gentoopm has already made its first release into the tree,
9 > > and became used in smart-live-rebuild [4]. It is already able to find
10 > > packages in basic kinds of repositories, get their metadata and read
11 > > environment.bz2 files. It can work with atoms too.
12 > >
13 > > I'd like to make it able to construct (and use) PM tool calls for
14 > > various operations like installing and uninstall packages. It's going
15 > > to use a flexible interface, making it easy to fit into various working
16 > > environments -- printing argv, running through subprocess, glib event
17 > > loop, threads and so on.
18 >
19 > You might be interested in checking out what parts of the portage API
20 > are used by the Gentoo PackageKit backend, and making sure those are
21 > supported in gentoopm. Even more interesting would be completing a port
22 > of the PK backend to gentoopm. This latter part is clearly beyond the
23 > scope of your project, but it would be really useful after the summer
24 > ends.
27 Hey, i could use some help in creating the emerge action portion of the
28 portage public api. I had been holding off for a bit until the
29 difference between the portage and pkgcore backends got resolved in
30 porthole. I do have an early partial port of the packagekit backend.
31 Zac has also done a quick review and given some direction for it.
32
33 If your up for it, let me know
36 Brian Dolbec <brian.dolbec@×××××.com>