From: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Gokturk Yuksek <gokturk@g.o>, Mike Pagano <mpagano@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Google Summer of Code summary week 07
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 15:48:07
1 Summary:
2
3 elivepatch:
4 * improved code as per mentor review
5 * fixing uuid design
6 moved the uuid generating to the client and read rfc 4122 that states:
7 "A UUID is 128 bits long, and requires no central registration process."
8 * made regex function for checking the format of uuid is actually correct.
9 * made elivepatch multi-threading
10
11 kpatch-build:
12 * Sended pull request to kpatch for adding dynamic output folder option
13 https://github.com/dynup/kpatch/pull/718
14 * Sended pull request to kpatch for small style fix
15 https://github.com/dynup/kpatch/pull/719
16
17 -----------------------------------------
18 day 32:
19
20 `What was my plan for today?`
21
22 * testing and improving elivepatch
23
24 `What i did today?`
25
26 client checkers:
27 * used os.path.join for ungz function
28 * implemented temporary folder using python tempfile
29
30 `what i will do next time?`
31
32 * testing and improving elivepatch
33
34 -----------------------------------------
35 day 31:
36
37 `What was my plan for today?`
38
39 * testing and improving elivepatch
40
41 `What i did today?`
42
43 Dispatcher.py:
44
45 * fixed comments
46 * added static method for return the kernel path
47 * Added todo
48 * fixed how to make directory with uuid
49
50 livepatch.py
51 * fixed docstring
52 * removed sudo on kpatch-build
53 * fixed comments
54 * merged ebuild commands in one on build livepatch
55
56 restful.py
57 * fixed comment
60 `what i will do next time?`
61
62 * testing and improving elivepatch
65 -----------------------------------------
66 day 30:
67 `What was my plan for today?`
68
69 * testing and improving elivepatch
70
71 `What i did today?`
72
73 * fixing uuid design
74
75 moved the uuid generating to the client and read rfc 4122
76
77 that states
78 "A UUID is 128 bits long, and requires no central registration process."
79
80 * made regex function for checking the format of uuid is actually correct.
83 `what i will do next time?`
84
85 * testing and improving elivepatch
88 -----------------------------------------
89 day 29:
93 `What was my plan for today?`
94
95 * testing and improving elivepatch
96
97 `What i did today?`
98
99 * Refactored for code clarity [not finished yet]
100 * Sended pull request to kpatch for adding dynamic output folder option
101 https://github.com/dynup/kpatch/pull/718
102 * Sended pull request to kpatch for small style fix
103 https://github.com/dynup/kpatch/pull/719
104
105 `what i will do next time?`
106
107 * testing and improving elivepatch
108
109 -----------------------------------------
110 day 28:
111
112 `What was my plan for today?`
113
114 * testing and improving elivepatch
115
116 `What i did today?`
117
118 * Testing elivepatch with multi threading
119 * Removed check for uname kernel version as is getting the kernel
120 version directly from the kernel configuration file header.
121 * Starting kpatch-build under the output folder
122 Because kpatch-build is making the livepatch under the $PWD
123 folder we are starting it under the uuid tmp folder and we
124 are getting the livepatch from the uuid folder. this is
125 usefull for dealing with multi-threading
126 * Added some helper function for code clarity [not finished yet]
127 * Refactored for code clarity [not finished yet]
128
129 For making elivepatch multithread we can simply change app.run() of
130 flask with app.run(threaded=True).
131 This will make flask spawn thread for each request
132 (using class SocketServer.ThreadingMixIn and baseWSGIserver)1, but also if is
133 working pretty nice, the suggested way of threading is probably using
134 gunicorn or
135 uWSGI.2
136 maybe like using flask-gunicorn: https://github.com/doobeh/flask-gunicorn
139 `what i will do next time?`
140
141 * testing and improving elivepatch
142
143 [1] https://docs.python.org/2/library/socketserver.html#SocketServer.ThreadingMixIn
144 [2] http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/0.12/deploying/
147 Thanks,
148 Alice Ferrazzi
149
150 Gentoo Kernel Project Leader
151 Mail: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
152 PGP: 2E4E 0856 461C 0585 1336 F496 5621 A6B2 8638 781A