From: Devan Franchini <oot153@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] SELinux policy originator | Progress report #1
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 09:07:39
1 Hello Gentoo-soc community,
2
3 Week #1 progress report:
4
5 To start off, the SELinux policy originator model that I have decided
6 on with my mentor (SwifT) will consists of three things:
7
8 * Capture Plugin
9 * Workflow component
10 * Query interface
11
12 So what is each thing?
13
14 Capture plugin - The capture plugin is essentially self explanatory
15 but essentially it captures the macro expansions in the Makefile
16 located in /refpolicy/Makefile and parses it into a suitable and
17 useful manner for the workflow component.
18
19 Workflow Component - The workflow component takes the output of the
20 capture plugin and stores it into a database for the query interface
21 to then access later.
22
23 Query interface - This is the tool that the user will be using to
24 access the information stored in the workflow component.
25
26 ========================= = Progress =============================
27
28 Over this past week I have been working to create a proto type capture
29 plugin for the originator. It successfully captures the macro
30 expansion output but it is far from complete. It still needs a proper
31 parsing for the Workflow component.
32
33 I have also created a Github for my information at:
34
35 http://github.com/twitch153/seorigin/
36
37 and a wiki page with a lot of useful information regarding the design
38 of the SELinux policy originator at:
39
40 https://github.com/twitch153/seorigin/wiki/SELinux-Policy-originator-design