From: Detlev Casanova <detlev.casanova@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: brian.dolbec@×××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Rework porthole for portage API -- week 6
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 11:24:20
1 Hello !
2 I'm a bit (well, a lot) late on this report but better late than never.
3
4 This week, I've been working on the pkgcore backend again. It's coming to
5 something stable and it's making us modify porthole to fit the way pkgcore
6 works and even, the way portage works. The porthole backend API now manages
7 PackageWrapper instances instead of simple text values to represent a package
8 in porthole.
9
10 All operations from lib.py that takes package information has been moved to
11 the PackageWrapper class.
12
13 This class, in the pkgcore backend, only contains an ebuild_src element from
14 which almost every information can be taken.
15
16 There are some things that still need to be moved (hardmasked(),
17 keywordmasked(), maskingreason(),...) and things that still need to be done :
18 1) comparison functionalities
19 2) port the portage_2_2 backend to using that PackageWrapper class (it
20 currently doesn't work.)
21
22 That's what I'm going to do this week.
23
24 I learned that I failed 4 exams (which surprised me a lot) and I4ll have to
25 present those again in mid-august.
26 For this and other reasons, I'm not sure I'll be able to keep working on this
27 project long after the mid-term.
28 Things may change still but chances are slim. I'll keep you informed.
29
30 Detlev.