From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Student shell accounts & Git repositories
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 10:31:42
1 (Apologies for the delay in sending this email, my last week was much busier than expected).
2
3 Student name to shell account mapping:
4 --------------------------------------
5 - bay => Александр Берсенев / Alexander Bersenev
6 - cazou => Detlev Casanova
7 - darkdefender => Sebastian Parborg
8 - hexxeh => Liam McLoughlin
9 - jbartosik => Joachim Bartosik
10 - kasun => Kasun Gajasinghe
11 - mgorny => Michal Gorny
12 - pjl => Jiale Pan / Kyle Pan
13 - qiaomuf => Mu Qiao
14 - rafaelmartins => Rafael Goncalves Martins
15 - rps => Robert Seaton
16 - spiros => Andrea Arteaga
17 - tampakrap => Theo Chatzmimichos
18 - vikraman => Vikraman Choudhury
19 - wiktor => Wiktor W Brodlo
20
21 Git repositories:
22 -----------------
23 The following students had requested Git repostories, which have been
24 created:
25 - bay: proj/autodep
26 - hexxeh: proj/gentoaster
27 - mgorny: proj/pms-test-suite*
28 - rps: proj/glentoo, proj/glentoo-overlay
29 - spiros: proj/auto-numerical-bench
30 - tampakrap: proj/okupy
31 - vikraman: proj/gentoostats
32 - wiktor: proj/anaconda, proj/anaconda-overlay
33
34 Your mentors should automatically be getting copies of commits to your
35 repositories in most cases.
36
37 Further instructions for using your Git repos:
38 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/
39
40 The following students have not yet sent SSH keys or requested Git
41 repositories:
42 - jbartosik
43 - darkdefender
44
45 The following students provided SSH keys (or had them on file), but have not
46 yet requested Git repositories for their projects:
47 - cazou
48 - kasun
49 - pjl
50 - qiaomuf
51 - rafaelmartins
52
53 Rules for shell accounts:
54 -------------------------
55 1. Read the banner when you first login.
56 2. Student accounts will be shut off 2011/12/01 (December 1st).
57 3. You should keep your own backups in addition to using the shell server (Git
58 repositories are backed up).
59 4. For privacy & stability reasons, we cannot offer root directly on the shell
60 machine, but a number of virtual machines with root may be available as
61 needed for some of your projects.
62
63 How to use shell accounts:
64 --------------------------
65 1. Login:
66 $ ssh ${USERNAME}@soc.dev.gentoo.org
67
68 2. Reset your initial password:
69 $ cat /home/${USERNAME}/.../.pass
70 $ passwd
71 $ rm -f /home/${USERNAME}/.../.pass
74 Robin Hugh Johnson
75 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
76 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
77 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85