From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: Jian Cao <jian.cao@××××××.au>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: GSoC 2019 Application - Stabilize Gentoo Prefix
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2019 10:46:54
1 Hi Jian,
2
3 Jian Cao <jian.cao@××××××.au> writes:
4
5 > I am an undergraduate student in computer science, specializing in
6 > parallel computing and machine learning. I have used Gentoo for
7 > several years, and I’m pretty interested in contributing code to it.
8 >
9 > I’m currently intending to apply for the GSoC project “Stabilize
10 > Gentoo Prefix” and I’ve already fixed two bugs on Bugzilla for solving
11 > problems packages not playing well with multilib.eclass.
12 >
13 > Bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/671510
14 > PR https://github.com/gentoo/sci/pull/910
15 >
16 > Bug https://bugs.gentoo.org/680236
17 > PR https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/11591
18 >
19 > I'm writing a proposal on it and would be appreciate if you could
20 > guide me through this project.
21
22 You are welcomed to join the mailing list and IRC to discuss your idea
23 in the public.
24
25 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2019/Application_Guidelines#Get_feedback_on_your_idea
26
27 Besides, when I read your pull requests, it is more related to MPI than
28 Prefix. I am wondering your reason not applying to the project "Support
29 for multiple MPI implementations"
30
31 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2019/Ideas#Support_for_multiple_MPI_implementations
32
33 That said, either way you are welcomed to join this year's Gentoo GSOC.
34 Please focus on composing your proposal as the deadline is drawing
35 close.
36
37 Yours,
38 Benda