From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Benchmarking suite - Report 7
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:05:47
1 On 01:34 Mon 11 Jul , Andrea Arteaga wrote:
2 > FFTW can perform a wide number of tasks, and a survey has been taken
3 > [1] asking the community about the most wanted tests. Following the
4 > results, the following tests have been implemented:
5 > * Forward Discrete Fourier Transormation
6 > * Backward Discrete Fourier Transormation
7
8 How about FFTs rather than DFTs?
9
10 > The mid-term evaluation will come soon. For this, I'm performing many
11 > tests in order to present, as mid-term result, a general comprehensive
12 > report which makes clear that the project is already usable. My mentor
13 > reported that my script already allowed him to find some bugs in a
14 > package, which already is a good results for me -- even if the purpose
15 > of the script is not (only) finding bugs --. My mid-term report will
16 > hopefully persuade many people to run some benchmarks on their
17 > computers.
18
19 Is there any intent that it be able to automatically select the best
20 parameters in addition to just graphing the results? From looking at
21 some of those graphs, it seems like if you applied some smoothing, you
22 could pick the peaks out fairly easily.
25 Thanks,
26 Donnie
27
28 Donnie Berkholz