From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Auto dependency builder progress report. Week 7.
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:54:42
1 On 16:29 Fri 15 Jul , Александр Берсенев wrote:
2 > 2011/7/15 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>:
3 > > For DEPEND rather than RDEPEND ones, we'll want to make sure they're
4 > > definitely listed in dependencies of the ebuild being used, rather
5 > > than any level.
6 >
7 > The main drawback of hooklib approach is an inability to track what
8 > files have been loaded while exec call(runtime libraries). Most
9 > RDEPENDS are naturally filtered here. Fusefs approach logs all file
10 > system events.
11 >
12 > This is a difficult problem to distinguish RDEPENDS from DEPENDS. If I
13 > look on files accessed I can say if the dependency is runtime, but I
14 > haven't general strategy. I should watch more building logs of various
15 > packages to find a way.
16
17 You might be able to use src_test for this. If a package is accessed in
18 src_test as well as src_configure/src_compile, it's RDEPEND. Clearly
19 this won't work when src_test isn't defined, but it's a start.
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie
24
25 Donnie Berkholz