From: Vikraman <vikraman@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Puppet module for gentoo -- weekly report #3
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 00:33:08
1 Hello all,
2
3 I am working on improving the puppet-portage module[0], and the state of
4 gentoo support in upstream puppet modules.
5
6 You can follow the development on my fork[1], and this wiki page[2].
7
8 Week #3
9 =======
10
11 Status: on schedule
12
13 - Fixed issues with package names and wildcard patterns to match eapi5.
14
15 - Improved the eselect provider to support gcc-config and complex
16 eselect modules which take options other than the standard ones. You
17 can now do things like these:
18
19 eselect { 'gcc':
20 set => 'x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.8.1',
21 }
22
23 eselect { 'python::python2':
24 set => 'python2.7'
25 }
26
27 It turns out that installing packages from multiple slots would require
28 some patches to the upstream portage provider. I am going to spend the
29 next few days working on this issue.
30
31 [0]https://github.com/adrienthebo/puppet-portage
32 [1]https://github.com/vikraman/puppet-portage