From: Priit Laes <plaes@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Cc: leio <leio@g.o>, ferringb <ferringb@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Project Grumpy - report #6
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 16:06:16
1 This is a progress report #6 for Project Grumpy.
2
3 Progress so far
4 ===============
5
6 Previous two weeks have been a bit slow progress-wise mainly because i managed
7 to get stuck with modelling the data layout.
8
9 I eventually ended up redesigning the models in a bit more relational way and
10 now the pkgcore data is handled inside the models.
11
12 Unittesting is now implemented and currently at least the portage-related
13 models (ebuild, package, category) have tests.
14
15 Future plans
16 ============
17
18 As I'm currently slipping behind my intended timelines, here's the "updated"
19 schedule:
20
21 3 Aug - 8 Aug:
22 * Unittests for "Favorite packages"
23 * JSON-restful API for commandline utils
24 * Basic grumpy commandline utils for managing favorite packages
25 * Version bump checker plugins
26 * PyPi
27 * GNOME
28 * Web interface improvements... (based on (YOUR!) feedback).
29
30 * Future
31 * Tinderbox reports (my desktop machine is dead atm.)
32
33 Project info
34 ============
35
36 Git repository of Grumpy repo is available from [1].
37
38 [1] http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/grumpy.git;a=summary
39
40 Project's semi-official IRC channel is #gentoo-grumpy on Freenode network [2],
41 if you run into troubles when testing out this project, then just ping me with
42 a message.
43
44 [2] irc://irc.freenode.net/#gentoo-grumpy
45
46 There's also basic web frontend available, join the channel to get the link ;)