From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: VIVEK VICKY <vivekvicky839@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: Guidance on contribution
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 02:06:46
1 Hi vivek,
2
3 VIVEK VICKY <vivekvicky839@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > I am vivek vardhan adepu, a Fourth year undergraduate from IIT
6 > Kharagpur I am a systems and security enthusiast. I would like to
7 > contribute to gentoo by participating in GSoC this year. So, can you
8 > please help me with what projects to look for or where to start with?
9 > I am new to open source, but did quite a couple of projects, also
10 > using git. I have expertise in networking, operating systems and
11 > proficiency in programming languages such as C, CPP, x86 ASM, Shell,
12 > Java, Python etc
13
14 gentoo-soc is the dedicated mailing list for GSoC. Let's move the
15 discussion here.
16
17 Welcome to Gentoo! Please share with us your Gentoo experience. How
18 many years have you been using it? Have you ever reported/fixed bugs on
19 bugzilla? Have you ever helped others on the IRC/forum/mailing list?
20 If you are a new comer to Gentoo, use it first and you will find bugs to
21 fix and projects naturally.
24 As a general remark, I discourage jumping in with a GSoC out of nowhere.
25 That usually resulted in abandonware just after GSoC.
26
27 Yours,
28 Benda