From: Rabi Shanker Guha <guha.rabishankar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] netifrc on systemd : Weekly Report #4
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 20:59:41
1 Hi,
2
3 This week I had been working on the following things:
4 1. Understanding the functionality of marking services in openrc
5 I have discussed this with people at #openrc but am still not 100% confident
6 about understanding the semantics of the same. I have also written a small
7 wiki
8 entry trying to explain my understanding of the concerned openrc
9 functionality here
10 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Rabisg/OpenRC
11 Please feel free to point out mistakes and help me out in understanding it
12 further
13
14 2. As I had mentioned previously I had set up various machines for testing
15 it locally.
16 I have been successful in getting netifrc running on a Gentoo systemd stable
17 machine (only tested setting up "lo" for now). The changes I had to make in
18 the code and the service file are recorded
19 in the main repo and my local overlay respectively
20
21 Source Code: https://github.com/gentoo/netifrc-systemd
22 Local Overlay: https://github.com/rabisg/gentoo-overlay
23 Service file: