From: Rafael Martins <rafael@×××××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: robbat2@g.o, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Distfile patching support - Weekly report #6
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 21:16:39
1 Hi all
2
3 Quick summary: Improve the performance of the Gentoo Linux mirrors by
4 reducing the overall bandwidth load, allowing people to fetch binary
5 patches from the mirrors, instead of the full source tarballs, when
6 updating some package. This project is partially based on GLEP 25.
7
8 The project is still a bit ahead of schedule.
9
10 == Progress ==
11
12 This report is a bit late, sorry.
13
14 Another week I didn't much. I managed the Gentoo booth at FISL12, and
15 just come back a few days ago. Unfortunately I can't do much
16 gsoc-related from there.
17 I let some tests running in vulture, but they failed and I'm
18 investigating. for now I just adapted the script to keep running even
19 if a delta fail, to see how many correct deltas I can get at all.
20
21 == Next steps ==
22
23 In the coming days I'll implement basic logging feature to my scripts,
24 to log the fails and stuff, and start patching portage, while the
25 tests are running, to spend the time better.
26
27 Best regards,
30 Rafael Goncalves Martins
31 http://rafaelmartins.eng.br/