From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo stats server/client,
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:34:39
1 On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 11:57 AM, ivailo ilionov
2 <ivailo.ilionov@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hi to everyone.
4 >
5 > I'm interested in developing the stats server/client for gentoo. I've
6 > also looked at the
7 > last gsoc project.
8 > But I want to do it in perl ( 5 ). Will that be a problem ?
12 Interfacing with the various package managers may be a bit messy
13 (you'd have to basically popen and parse output due to lack of perl
14 apis).
15 I'm not a perl expert, so I'll probably be pretty naggy when doing
16 code reviews to make sure I understand what the code does if I end up
17 mentoring for this.
18
19 Other than that, go for it.
20