From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] libbash runtime weekly report #1
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 05:05:14
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 This year I will work on the libbash runtime project. A short
4 introduction for this project:
5
6 Libbash will enable programs to use Abstract Syntax Trees(AST) to parse
7 and interpret *shell* scripts directly instead of using regular
8 expressions. Most of bash 3.2 syntax will be supported. This will be a
9 great benefit to programs both outside and inside Gentoo, including
10 Portage/Paludis and repoman.
11
12 For more information, I wrote an introduction[1] explaining its
13 potential usage and benchmark. There's also a home page[2] for this
14 project. You can find out the rationale, plan and detailed progress
15 there(most content comes from my GSoC proposal).
16
17 As the first weekly report, I'd like to briefly talk about our current
18 progress. I've been contributing to this project since March so we have
19 done a lot of things. Here's a summary:
20 * Parser grammar improvement
21 * Build system improvement(C++ hidden visibility, developer flags,
22 gcov, etc.)
23 * Shell arithmetic
24 * Variable(string, array) definition and reference
25 * Variable expansion
26 * Shell pattern matching
27 * Compound statement(if, for, while, until, case)
28 * Shell test expression
29 * Command execution and substitution
30 * Shell function
31 * Several shell built-ins(source, let, etc.)
32 * Utilities(ast_printer, reimplemented version of Paludis instruo, etc.)
33 For more detailed information, please visit our home page[2], my blog[5]
34 or our git repository[3].
35
36 Here are some resources we have:
37 * CI server(not public accessible yet)
38 * Agilefant server(for Scrum)
39 * Test coverage report
40 * Callgrind and massif target
41 * Github repository[4] (latest commits)
42 * Canonical repository[3] (reviewed commits)
43 * Home page[2]
44 * #gentoo-libbash IRC channel
45
46 Now we can generate correct metadata for 2934 ebuilds(There are 27289
47 in total). We will get more and more during the summer.
48
49 [1]http://qiaomuf.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/introduction-to-libbash/
50 [2]http://dev.gentoo.org/~qiaomuf/libbash.html
51 [3]http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/libbash.git;a=summary
52 [4]https://github.com/qiaomuf/libbash
53 [5]http://qiaomuf.wordpress.com
56 Best wishes,
57 Mu Qiao
58 GnuPG fingerprint: 92B1 B0C4 8D14 F8C4 EFA5 3ACC 30B3 0DE4 17B1 57E9