From: Naohiro Aota <naota@×××××.net>
To: patrick@g.o
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [GSoC] Gentoo/DragonFly BSD Final Report
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 18:08:22
1 Hi,
2
3 This is the final report of Gentoo/DraonFly for *GSoC*.
4
5 As I've mentioned in the last mail, I've already created stage3, and my
6 portage overlay, which you can use to begin your Gentoo/DragonFly. My
7 portage overlay contains ebuilds fixed for DragonFly
8 environment. (Actually, official portage tree is never used unless you
9 unmask it. You can emerge and use app-portage/autounmask.)
10
11 http://elisp.net/stage3-x86-dragonfly-2.6-r3.tar.bz2
12 http://elisp.net/portage-dragonfly-overlay.20100724.tar.bz2
13
14 Here is the content of my "world" file. You can emerge at least
15 these packages. (some packages need to be (auto)unmasked.)
16
17 app-crypt/gnupg
18 app-editors/emacs-vcs
19 app-editors/vim
20 app-misc/tmux
21 app-portage/autounmask
22 app-portage/eix
23 app-portage/gentoolkit-dev
24 app-shells/zsh
25 app-shells/zsh-completion
26 app-text/lv
27 dev-util/catalyst
28 net-misc/dhcpcd
29 net-misc/ntp
30 sys-dfbsd/dfbsd-sources
31 www-client/w3m
32 x11-base/xorg-server
33 x11-drivers/xf86-video-mga
34 x11-terms/rxvt-unicode
35 x11-wm/awesome
36
37 Here is what I think I should do after the GSoC:
38
39 - merge dragonfly overlay into official portage tree
40 -- I want dragonfly to be like what gentoo/freebsd is now.
41 - fix many QAs
42 -- maybe some core library have un-relocatable code, which cause PIC QA
43 notice for most packages. I should fix this.
44 - make xorg drivers work
45 -- maybe both DragonFly itself and gentoo x11-*/* denpedency are quite bad...
46 - make more and more packages work
47 -- I beleive much packages work without modification. I'll find them and
48 KEYWORD them.
49
50 That's all! Thanks for your help and suggestions. Of cource, I'll be
51 glad to get more advice about Gentoo/DragonFly future :) I really want
52 to get it usable as Gentoo/Linux!
53
54 Regards,
55 Naohiro