From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] New idea: auto dependency builder.
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 07:34:17
1 Hi Александр,
2
3 On 19-03-2011 20:21:30 +0000, Александр Берсенев wrote:
4 > my name is Alexander Besenev, 21. I am russian Computer Science
5 > student/bachelor.
6 >
7 > I have an idea on future GSoC 2011. It is described here:
8 > http://alexbers.dyndns.org/gsoc/ .
9 > I hope to find a mentor, who will be interested with this idea.
10
11 I quickly glanced over your proposal. Here are some questions:
12 - how often is "often" in "on unstable branch compiling often fails
13 due.."
14 - have you looked into the preseved-libs feature of Portage-2.2? you may
15 want to at least refer to it in your proposal
16 - why are files accessed during a build important for the end-product?
17 - where do you intent to run this dependency builder (or by who)?
18 - why is "Autodetecting a compatible versions of libs" a problem at all?
19 do you want to go further than assuming the soname of the shared
20 library identifies compatability? (I think that should be a separate
21 issue)
22 - what benefit does a nosql "database" give you in your proposal?
23 - can you make rough estimations of the storage space necessary on the
24 client side?
25
26 Regards,
29 Fabian Groffen