From: "Federico \\\"fox\\\" Scrinzi" <fox91@×××××.no>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] euscan - weekly report #10
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 21:06:53
1 Here's the weekly update for the euscan project.
2 A usual I remind you that the project repo is at
3 https://github.com/volpino/euscan (check that for more info on the project)
4
5 The new euscan ha been deployed by iksaif and it's at
6 http://euscan.iksaif.net/ (it could be down sometimes in the next days
7 because iksaif is moving the server, but if you can see it enjoy!)
8
9 This week we did a really good job, a lot of stuff has been fixed and
10 euscan is nearly ready!
11
12 Progress of this week:
13 - Fixed the script to patch metadata
14 - Added 2 new handlers: one to scan upstream using watch data from
15 Debian and one to use remote-id data
16 - redesigned the euscan handlers layout: now there are two kinds of
17 handlers, one at a package level (e.g.: remote-id) and one at url level
18 (e.g.: pypi, cpan)
19 - changed models for watch/unwatch of packages, now the django
20 userprofile is used
21 - UI tweaks (e.g.: ETA when requesting a package refresh, words
22 truncation for really long versions, etc..)
23 - performance improving of euscan (startup time reduced of ~70%)
24 - tweaked confidence score for generic handler based on fuzzy string
25 matching (if SRC_URI and the found upstream url are similar there's high
26 probability that the new found version is not a false positive)
27 - better gentoo version mangling for CPAN packages
28
29 Happy coding!
32 f.
33
34 "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
35 violent psychopath who knows where you live."
36 (Martin Golding)