From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] libbash weekly report #8
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:40:04
1 This week I focused on improving the parser grammar . Petteri and I
2 finally decide to remove the global backtracking. We didn’t plan to do
3 it at first because it would cost a lot of time. We thought that was not
4 something required for metadata generation. However, many stories are
5 blocked due to the limitation of parser grammar. We have to remove
6 backtracking so that semantic predicate can work for the grammar.
7 Although doing it is quite difficult and will cost a lot of time, we
8 will get a cleaner and much faster grammar when it’s done. It is the
9 thing that we should do sooner or later anyway.
10
11 These are what I have done in the past week:
12
13 Used bash to verify unit tests
14 Supported thread safety
15 Turned off backtracking for the command rules
16 Left factored the rules for pipeline and function definition
17 Improved double quoted string handling
18 Worked on upgrading to ANTLR 3.4
19 Started working on removing global backtracking
20
21 Note that we support thread safety now and our version of instruo can
22 finish its work in less than 1 minute. We still haven’t upgraded to
23 ANTLR 3.4 because of some upstream bugs. The process might take longer.
24
25 In the next few weeks, I will mainly focus on one story: removing global
26 backtracking. I hope it can be done in two weeks.
29 Best wishes,
30 Mu Qiao
31 GnuPG fingerprint: 92B1 B0C4 8D14 F8C4 EFA5 3ACC 30B3 0DE4 17B1 57E9