From: Pavlos Ratis <dastergon@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] identity.gentoo.org: report #4
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 12:42:41
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I am working on Gentoo Identity, an LDAP web UI that aims to be a
4 general-usage application that will allow users - developers -
5 recruiters - administrators to configure their attributes easily from
6 Gentoo's LDAP server.
7
8 This week I was a volunteer at openSUSE Conference 2013 at
9 Thessaloniki, Greece so I couldn't manage to work full time with
10 Identity. However, I've worked on adjusting profile page and lists to
11 our new codebase. Recently we switched Identity's codebase to
12 django-ldapdb[1]. Django-ldapdb is an LDAP database backend for Django
13 and it replaces my previous custom object API and gives a better
14 handling for groups and users.
15
16 My plans for the next week are to finish fixes and some small
17 additions to django-ldapdb. In addition, I will start implementing
18 user's settings and keep working on it till mid-term evaluation.
19
20 [1] https://github.com/jlaine/django-ldapdb
21
22 Source code for Gentoo Identity: https://github.com/gentoo/identity.gentoo.org