From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Could I have some advice on soc projects?
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 11:48:34
1 On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > One is "improve NetworkManager integration with gentoo". I think it's a very
3 > very helpful project and my NetworkManager does not work well in Gentoo.
4 > I've already have some ideas on how to improve the integration.
5 > But there are some difficulties. I see that this project needs GObject C and
6 > I haven't used it before. I've only used NetworkManager, but I have no idea
7 > on how to write a plugin for it right now. Could I learn the needed
8 > knowledge from now and finish the project? Could anyone give me some advice?
11 GObject is just the name given to a set of C utility functions for
12 strings, arrays, etc, the mainloop, and other things provided by glib,
13 which is used by all of GNOME. Take a look at the following:
14
15 http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/
16 http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/
17
18 You should also be able to find tutorials on the web for the same.
19
20 For the plugin, NM already has plugins for redhat and ubuntu which do
21 similar things, so you can just take a look at those for information.
24 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
25
26 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team